can i trust five negative pregnancy tests?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
elliebrookexo
Awesomeness Quotient: My hair
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

can i trust five negative pregnancy tests?

Unread post by elliebrookexo »

Long story short, I hard protected sex and used the withdrawal method too! The condom didn’t break (that we are aware of) and my boyfriend has assured me he sees no risk what so ever! However I am OBSESSED with the fact that I must be pregnant. I’ve taken five tests (4 being sainsburys own and 1 being clearblue) they all came back negative except one which had the faintest line however I believe this was simply evaporation as it occurred after 10 minutes.

My period is 8 days late and I can’t help but think the condom broke and the tests are wrong. How trustworthy is the result of five tests?

I’m sorry if this question is not allowed I just need friendly reassurance from a reliable source that isn’t going to deliberately scare me with fake information. This stress is really ruining my life and I’m in desperate need of support to cope with this whole new experience.
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Re: can i trust five negative pregnancy tests?

Unread post by Jacob »

Hi ellie,

I'm sorry this sounds super stressful. Sometimes people can have late or missed periods which aren't related to pregnancy, but are just the quirk of the menstrual cycle. The pregnancy tests you have taken should be more than enough, but if you're still experiencing phobia of potential pregnancy this is outside the remit of what we answer in direct services but we do have plenty of resources about pregnancy fears:

The Pregnancy Panic Companion

M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

For help with anxiety, click here.
For related help and information at Scarleteen, click here.
If you would like more information about this policy, click here
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic