worst pms of my life

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Beca_cps
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my way of thinking
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer

worst pms of my life

Unread post by Beca_cps »

I got my period yesterday, it was early 4 days and it came with the worst cramps i’ve ever had in my life! last week my pms symptoms were pretty bad, probably worst than ever, I couldn’t even stand myself. I want to know if there’s anything you guys do to fight back different pms symptoms and/or cramps during periods? thank you all for reading me! <3
qw3rtycuti3
Awesomeness Quotient: My humor
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight but bicurious

Re: worst pms of my life

Unread post by qw3rtycuti3 »

Generally, I use a hot water bottle for the cramps, and lots of Advil. I also use birth control, because that will actually reduce or get rid of your period entirely (this may take a month or two to fully kick in, but it is SOOO much better than before)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: worst pms of my life

Unread post by Heather »

Extreme PMS - like my moods so bad you hate yourself, or very painful cramps that analgesics don’t seem to help - is something it’s best to have evaluated by a healthcare provider.

Medications like oral contraceptives or devices like some IUDs can help some people, antidepressants can help others, others still may have other kinds of health issues making PMS so bad, others may find lifestyle changes like increased exercise or changes to diet help. But if you have access to healthcare, I’d always advise starting there first.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic