Am I going to get caught?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
idontknow37
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

Am I going to get caught?

Unread post by idontknow37 »

Last night I accidentally texted my boyfriend if he liked receiving my nudes. Turns out his mom was using his phone and I didn’t know. Although she didn’t see any pictures, she did get my text and assumed we frequently send each other those things.
She then threatened to tell my parents this Sunday at church.
I don’t know if she will. My boyfriend said she probably won’t, but I’m too afraid to even think.
Do any of you guys think I’m going to be fine? Or do you guys think something bad will happen to me? I’m just panicking I’m really scared.
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Re: Am I going to get caught?

Unread post by Jacob »

Hi idon'tknow!

To start with, I'm so sorry you are receiving threats from your boyfriends mom! It doesn't sound like neither you nor your boyfriend are doing anything harmful so I wish she had respected your privacy. You are also plenty old enough for this not to pose any legal risk either.

I understand that having a partner's parent confront our own parents would be very awkward and embarrassing. But depending on their reaction it might not need to be an issue after that.

How do you think they would react? Do you think you would be in danger in any way?
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic