Changing over pill brand

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She

Changing over pill brand

Unread post by 010899 »

I was taking Microlite (100/20 Microgram tablets) for almost 2 years but my doctor decided to put me on to Cilest (250/30 Microgram tablets) because of the bad side effects i had. So switching from one combination pill brand to another. I finished up the packet of microlite then took the 7 day break (when i got my period) and then took the first pill in the Cilest packet straight away on the same day i would usually start a new microlite packet.

I started the packet last tuesday 21st, so ive taken 8 pills so far and had sex today using the withdrawal method and no condom, is there any chance at all that my new pill isnt effective yet or am i worrying over nothing?

My doctor didnt tell me when to start Cilest so i just assumed i take it when i would usually start a new packet. Cant seem to find an answer online, some sites are saying it can take atleast 7 days to be effective, a month or its effective after 48 hours, just a little confused
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Re: Changing over pill brand

Unread post by Jacob »

Same question answered here
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Locked Previous topicNext topic