new here - any success stories using this forum??

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
curiouskat
Awesomeness Quotient: my smile
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

new here - any success stories using this forum??

Unread post by curiouskat »

would love to know why you all joined and what you have received from being a part of this. look forward to being a part!!
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Re: new here - any success stories using this forum??

Unread post by Jacob »

Hey curiouskat!

Great thread, I'm really interested in hearing other people's experiences.

I joined way back in 2006/7 when I was 17... I was in some other internet forums for music fans, and tech-geeks and I really loved being part of a community like that.

I think coming here was a bit of a culture shift for me... I remember being called out on how freely I was throwing out my half-baked opinions about gender, sexuality etc. I felt so guilty and surprised, but it taught me a lot and it brought out the more positive parts of my personality: being compassionate, intuitive, and listening better, while also giving me a place to disclose some of my own issues.

I have been volunteering ever since, and now Scarleteen a huge part of my life.

How we talk about sexuality and support each-other is mega important. I'm so glad I found and have continued to have a place where we can learn to do that better and better.
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic