Bleeding after losing virginity

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Justasillygirl
Pronouns: She

Bleeding after losing virginity

Unread post by Justasillygirl »

I lost my virginity on the 29th, but I started blending on the 2nd which is 3 days AFTER I lost my virginity , is that normal? I also felt cramps as if I was starting my period but my period ended on the 24th I am also on birth control(nexplanon) but I have had it for 2 years now so im not sure if that has an affect on anything. I’m just worried because isn’t bleeding supposed to happen THE DAY of?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Bleeding after losing virginity

Unread post by Heather »

Hi there, and welcome to the boards.

So, bleeding isn't "supposed" to happen with sex, period, and it usually doesn't, including with first time intercourse. When it does, it's usually due to a minor injury by way of abrasion, due to not using lubricant or not using enough, a partner or everyone involved being hasty or too rough when it comes to intercourse.

In your case, then, I think we should consider this unexplained bleeding that may or may not have anything to do with the sex that you had. I am concerned about this paired with the cramps, though, so my best advice is to contact your sexual healthcare provider. If you don't have one, you can either contact your general healthcare provider's office, or, if you like, we can help you navigate your options for care that is specifically sexual healthcare.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic