Pregnancy Test - Can we trust the result.?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
m1531
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Him

Pregnancy Test - Can we trust the result.?

Unread post by m1531 »

I and my gf had made out on 7th of February 2018 and it was mainly dry humping and she had even washed her hands before going to the loo as I had got wet, so we are almost sure that nothing relating to pregnancy might pop up. She has irregular periods but has taken 3 pregnancy tests on 26th February 2018, 3rd March 2018 and 10th March 2018 all of which have been negative. But she still hasn’t got her periods. Also her last periods were on 20th January 2018 and though she has irregular periods, it isn’t this late ever. Can we trust the result of the latest pregnancy test as it has been done more than a month after we made out.?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Pregnancy Test - Can we trust the result.?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi m1531,

As long as the tests were taken according to the directions, you can assume the results are accurate.

Since it sounds like this type of sexual activity is causing you anxiety, it would be sound for your and your girlfriend to talk about scaling back the activity to a level that doesn't cause either of you anxiety. Does that sound like something you can do?
m1531
not a newbie

Unread post by m1531 »

Yes, it has caused a lot of anxiety at this point of time and we will make sure not to indulge in anything which causes us such anxiety.

Also, you mentioned that the tests if taken according to the directions, we can assume the results are accurate, can you elaborate a bit on it.? She has taken the test in the morning as soon as she gets up and also she usually has a menstrual cycle of an average 36 days, so going by that she took the test on CD 38, CD 43 and CD 50 respectively.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

That sounds like a good plan to help decrease your anxiety.

I basically mean that each test comes with specific directions about when and how to test, so as long as those directions are followed you can assume the results are accurate. You can read about that in more detail in this article: Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests
m1531
not a newbie

Unread post by m1531 »

1. She has taken the tests, all after the 14 days stated, so point no 1 is ok.

2. The test has been taken in the morning with the first urine, so point no 2 is ok.

So it is Negative and there is no risk

Am I right.? Correct me if am not.

Also why are her periods so very delayed, I mean today is CD 50 which almost 2 weeks more than her average cycle.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

I'm going to ask that you not keep asking us for reassurance around the test, since we've already given you that information and asking us to continue reassuring you actually keeps you trapped in an anxious mindset.

We can't know for certain why her period isn't arriving, because there are many things that can cause a period to arrive later than expected. You can read about those different possibilities here:
M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?
m1531
not a newbie

Unread post by m1531 »

Sorry to bother you again, but today is CD 75, and there are still no signs of her periods, the last test she did was on 27th March 2018, which was again Negative, but no periods yet. What should we do now.?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic