Is it PGAD?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Pink-pumpkin
Awesomeness Quotient: Nothing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Is it PGAD?

Unread post by Pink-pumpkin »

Well, I am 25 year-old woman and I have noticed for a few years that my genitals are pretty sensitive. When I sit down or lie down with my legs closed up I feel ''aroused''. A lot of pressure builds up down there. I remember waking up as if I had a female ''morning wood'' and I have to soothe myself. Sometimes I have to endure episodes of intense arousal for 1-2 weeks.It once became so bad that I had to use ice directly in between my legs! :? :shock:
It can be extremely annoying and worrying. I also get weird spasm or stabbing sensations at night in my clitoris from time to time. And in these times all my body feels numb, so numb I have to punch my arm or something... I even experience ghost sex... (yes, it feels like someone is doing some naughty things inside when I lie on my bed)... :?: Just right now it is so sensitive (but no pain involved) after a long day of walking it gets aroused like crazy but I'm not horny. Is it due to rubbing too much when I move or is it something in my veins, blood pressure, nerves? Is it PGAD?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Is it PGAD?

Unread post by Heather »

We couldn't say: we can't diagnose anyone.

But it clearly is a pretty serious and enduring problem for you, and is creating pain, discomfort and disruption to your life, so it's certainly time to take this to a healthcare provider and let them get started trying to find out what is going on and how they can help you.

Do you know where to go for that? You will probably need to start with a general practitioner, as this could be neurological, reproductive...any number of systems, so someone who works with the general sense of all of them is the right person to start with.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Pink-pumpkin
Awesomeness Quotient: Nothing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Pink-pumpkin »

Thank you your response and I'm glad you asked if I knew who to consult. I actually had no idea, I thought I had to see a gynecologist.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

If that's who you feel most comfortable seeing, that's fine, but since the kind of symptoms you're describing sound more neurological than reproductive, you *probably* will be referred to a neurologist. But an OB/GYN can do that, too, and they may (or not: few docs in any area have training/education in sexuality) be more familiar with how to evaluate these kinds of symptoms.

So, either way, really, whichever you prefer.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic