'Is my he allowed to find out?'

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

'Is my he allowed to find out?'

Unread post by Jacob »

Lee123
Hello I’m lee,
My father wants to find out if i am a Virgin or not, I’m only 16. He said he wants to take me to the emergency to find out. Is he allowed to find out ?
Hi Lee,

Virginity is very much a cultural idea not a medical fact. So there is no physical way to check if someone has had sex or not. The emergency room would not be able to do that...

So my guess is that either your Dad is threatening with something he knows isn't possible or he really doesn't understand it himself.

Either way this sounds abusive to me and a really upsetting household to be in.

Your body is your own and not your dads and I am really sad to hear you are being treated like this.

What's the bigger picture? Is there anything we can do to help?
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Lee123
Awesomeness Quotient: M smile
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

Re: 'Is my he allowed to find out?'

Unread post by Lee123 »

Thank you so much! He is very religious and insecure. He thinks just because he was wild in his youth that I am the same way. His strictness is making me want to do the things he is acusing me of doing, he thinks he is parenting me the right way. Is there any advice you can give me on how to approach this situation and speak to him?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic