I have a white thing in my vagina and dont know what it is!

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
teen_struggles
Awesomeness Quotient: I want to shate kindness
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Straight

I have a white thing in my vagina and dont know what it is!

Unread post by teen_struggles »

Im a 16 year old virgin, yet have a white lump blocking my vagina and dont know what it is! Cant be an STD or STI as never have done any sexual activity including someone else! Anyone else know what it is?// thank you
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: I have a white thing in my vagina and dont know what it is!

Unread post by Heather »

Sometimes the glands of the vulva can get infected or otherwise become inflamed. People can also get boils on various parts of the vulva.

If this has lasted for more than a day or so, and/or if it's painful (which is probably is, given its location and all the nearby sensory nerve endings), or you just don't want to guess about it, I'd go ahead and make an appointment with a healthcare provider to take a look at it.

You can see a general healthcare provider for this or, if you prefer, a sexual healthcare provider (even though this isn't about sex). You can get a referral to the latter through the NHS.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
teen_struggles
Awesomeness Quotient: I want to shate kindness
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by teen_struggles »

Thanl you appreciate that had it for about 3 days but its not been painful at all! Also if i do go for to a general health care provider does it mean my parents will find out?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

No, it does not. Patient confidentiality is assured through all of the NHS' services. But if you want reassurance about that, you can always ask about it before you give them any information about who you are or what you're seeing them about so you feel secure.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic