no period after sex before starting birth control

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Amber123
Awesomeness Quotient: I can make people laugh
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

no period after sex before starting birth control

Unread post by Amber123 »

Hi there,

I have had an extreme fear I was possibly pregnant after having quite brief intercourse on the 6th august. I have had very irregular periods prior to this- my period just ended 2 days before the 6th august but had been 76 days since my previous period. A couple of weeks after this I just got this sudden fear of thinking what if I am pregnant as the Condom came off but we stopped immediately. After this, all I thought about was pregnancy. I started to notice a pain around my left pelvis, which initially started as a dull sensation then became quite pinchy- reading online terrified me that this was "the implantation pinch" although I had no sort of bleeding or spotting. I took 3 negative tests and I knew that they would all be negative taking them at the times 3, 5 and 7.5 weeks after intercourse but still couldn't shake this fear.

Now, I have just had my first withdrawal bleed on the low dose combined pill after my first cycle but have all these veins over my breasts and nipples, chest and where the initial pelvis pain was. I also had very painful cramps the first day of my withdrawal bleed and passed a lot of womb lining. Am I being ridiculous? Thank you in advance, I know you must hear this a lot!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: no period after sex before starting birth control

Unread post by Sam W »

We will not answer ANY questions about pregnancy fear or anxiety in our direct services from users who are not pregnant or who are not or have not otherwise been directly involved with an actual pregnancy.

Please do not post this kind of question. If you are seeing this text, and your thread is locked, it is because you have posted this kind of question.

We CAN and WILL talk about things like:
• choosing and using a method or methods of contraception for any future sexual activity
• creating your own sexual limits and boundaries based on your needs and/or presenting them to any partners
• making sexual choices that suit your own needs, abilities and limitations, including your own readiness for certain possible risks
• help locating or using emergency contraception if and when you have had a pregnancy risk
• discussing options with a real, existing pregnancy, and help finding and accessing those options, such as abortion services and pre-natal care, or discussing feelings or concerns about a past pregnancy
• help with anxiety like locating mental health services, sound self-help or asking for support from friends or family

For help dealing with a scare (including what poses a risk and your next steps based on your unique situation), you may use our tool on site built for this purpose: The Pregnancy Panic Companion.
For help with anxiety, click here.
For related help and information at Scarleteen, click here.
If you would like more information about this policy, click here.
Locked Previous topicNext topic