Just a little body worried...

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Anixt
Pronouns: She

Just a little body worried...

Unread post by Anixt »

Ok, this is a little weird but for the past 2-3 weeks I've been having a lot of discharge, like a lot and I'm worried something's wrong with me and I can't find answers anywhere else. I don't know if this will affect the answer or not but I'm on the pill, I hard it am change discharge but just recently there's just been so much and it's kinda worrying me. Please answer when you can, thanks.
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Just a little body worried...

Unread post by al »

Hi there anixt, and welcome to Scarleteen!

You're right in that birth control (especially hormonal types) can change the consistency of discharge, which will also vary naturally at different points in the menstrual cycle. Most of these changes are nothing to be concerned about, except if they were to be accompanied with other symptoms (like pain, bright red blood, greenish/yellowish color, or strong fishy smell). To read all about what is and isn't normal with vaginal discharge, check out Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions.

Also, if you've recently made any changes to your birth control regimen (just started, took Plan B, even missed a few pills), it could be that your body is restabilizing, and that this extra discharge is something that will go away with some time.
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic