Can semen leak out the bottom of condom

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Tavoh
Awesomeness Quotient: I can make music better than most people
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He
Sexual identity: I'm a man

Can semen leak out the bottom of condom

Unread post by Tavoh »

Hi so I was wondering if pre-cum or just plain cum can make its way down the shaft of the penis and out the bottom of the condom and get the girl pregnant. I read stories of these couples that say "we used condoms It didn't break or have any leakage, but we still got pregnant" WHATS WITH THAT so the only other way for semen to get out would be out the bottom right? One person actually said "there's tiny little holes that are in condoms to help your penis breath" (So you see with the information that I'm dealing with) So basically what I'm asking is , if a condom has a snug fit and it didn't break can any sort of semen "pre cum or regular" come out the bottom and impregnante the girl during Thrusting.
cityofthedead
not a newbie
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Can semen leak out the bottom of condom

Unread post by cityofthedead »

I think it's quite unlikely for semen to leak out of a condom unless it has been broken in some way by the user or expired. Condoms have a little space where the head of the penis would go in order to gather the semen and provide decent space for air.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

To add to what cityofthedead said, as long as a condom doesn't break (which will be noticeable) or come off you can assume it did it's job. You may also find this article helpful if you decide to look for sex ed answers online in the future: Legit or Unfit? Finding Safe, Sound Sex Educators & Support Online
Tavoh
Awesomeness Quotient: I can make music better than most people
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He
Sexual identity: I'm a man

Unread post by Tavoh »

So how do people get pregnant if the condom doesn't break?? Are they lying?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Some of them are. There are a lot of situations and conditions that cause people to feel unable or unwilling to be honest, from an abusive partner or family to feelings of shame about unplanned pregnancy to just wanting to avoid feeling stupid. And of course, sometimes people are just lying because they are liars.

Others who become pregnant while using condoms, but note the condom did not break, had a condom slip off, or used one, but not for the whole time, or had a partner say they used one when one wasn't used at all. And sometimes people know those things are what happened, and other times they -- or not all of them, anyway -- don't.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic