Delayed periods

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Aniee22
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Delayed periods

Unread post by Aniee22 »

I took ipill on 4th August and then i got my periods on 12th august. Thn again i took unwanted 72 on 1st of sept. Its 15th August today and still there's no sign of periods. I am really worried.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Delayed periods

Unread post by Mo »

A very common side effect of any emergency contraception is that it can delay a period or cause irregular periods for a month or two after taking it. So, not getting your period when you'd normally expect it isn't necessarily a sign of anything wrong, especially since you've taken some form of emergency contraception twice in the span of a month. If you're able to access a pregnancy test you might find that taking one gives you some peace of mind, here.
Aniee22
not a newbie

Unread post by Aniee22 »

Thanks for ur reply. I am scared as hell. I have been searching in the net. I am having cramps and i just dont knw what to do.
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Unread post by Jacob »

I'm sorry to hear this is stressing you out Aniee, as Mo has said your cycle is likely affected by the emergency contraception, hence these unpleasant effects.

I'm also wondering, do you have access to a form of birth control like condoms? And is there anywhere else you can find in person support from a friend or local to you? It sounds like this stress is a repeated thing for you.
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Aniee22
not a newbie

Unread post by Aniee22 »

Yea. We used condom. But we thought it was leaking thats why i took the pill. No there is no1 i can share this with. i even had a breakup
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling alone, and that you've recently gone through a break-up. We have a guide to help you recover from a break-up, if that's something you'd like.

So you know, unless a condom breaks or comes off, you can assume it did it's job. As of now, it sounds like doing some self-care might help you feel at little bit better right now (as would taking a pregnancy test, as Mo already mentioned): Self-Care a La Carte
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic