Sex at 14

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
PiixiiStixx
Awesomeness Quotient: My size and attitude.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Omnisexual and Bisexual

Sex at 14

Unread post by PiixiiStixx »

So, I'm 14 and have been experimenting with sex with my boyfriend. The first time we had sex, we thought I had gotten pregnant even though he had pulled out, luckily I wasn't. Today, we had sex again, we don't use condoms and even though I know he doesn't have any STI's and I know I don't have any, but is there a chance that I can still get them? I want to approach my mother about this, but I have no clue how too, could I get advice on that please? Thank you! :? :(
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Sex at 14

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi PiixiiStixx,

First, if you don't want to get pregnant and are not using condoms, are you using another method of birth control? It sounds like you're relying on only the pull-out method (which is really hard to use right, and super-easy to mess up), but I want to double-check. And if so, is this because this is the method you want? It's your choice?

As for your worries about STIs, this article should help you out: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... ave_an_std. Have you both been tested for STIs, or are you each other's first sexual partners?
PiixiiStixx
Awesomeness Quotient: My size and attitude.
Sexual identity: Omnisexual and Bisexual

Unread post by PiixiiStixx »

We've both been tested and are each others first. And yes I'm currently taking birth control pills, but I'm still worried that there could be the chance.
thewrit3r
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I’m pretty smart
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by thewrit3r »

I'm not sure how you (and your partner) feel about condoms, but doing it in addition to birth control would lower your chances even more of becoming pregnant.

I just wanted to add that even though neither of you have an STD now, you could get one in the future. Like the article Sam linked you to said, oral herpes is very common and many people get it during their childhood.
"The writer is by nature a dreamer - a conscious dreamer."
-Carson McCullers
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You mention wanting to talk to your mom about this and ask her for advice. Do you and your mom have a good relationship? And do you have a sense of what her feelings are when it comes to you being sexually active?

It sounds like engaging in the level of sexual activity you currently are is causing you a lot of stress. If that's the case, I'd suggest you and your partner dial it back to a level where you feel more comfortable. Does that sound doable to you?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic