help needed..

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
poorvi
Pronouns: she

help needed..

Unread post by poorvi »

When I masturbate, one day it felt as is I had more room inside, and I thought I might have broken the hymen but since i saw no blood I was wondering... What is the problem?
Also is it necessary that bleeding occurs immediately after the hymen break..?
Please help
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: help needed..

Unread post by Mo »

Hi there poorvi,

I see Sam answered this question for you in another thread; is there some clarification you need around this, or anything in that article that didn't make sense to you? The corona/hymen doesn't necessarily "break" or tear at all; it's often worn away gradually in a way that doesn't cause enough damage to the tissue to cause bleeding at all. So, if you aren't noticing any bleeding with masturbation, or in the future if and when you decide to have intercourse, that's not unusual.
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Unread post by Redskies »

Extra to what Mo said:

there's no problem with you feeling more room in your vagina. There are a couple of reasons why you likely felt more space inside you when you masturbated. First, the vagina changes size at different times. Ordinarily, the vaginal walls are closed together, and there's no space inside your vagina. When you're aroused, the vagina relaxes and expands, and creates a lot more room inside itself. If you were more aroused that time than you were when you've felt inside yourself before, your vagina would have had more room inside it.

Second, the position of the cervix changes slightly at different times throughout your menstrual cycle. (If you need information about the different parts of your body, see Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More.) Sometimes it's higher, sometimes it's lower. When it's higher, people often feel that there's more room inside the vagina.

(Also: if you don't get a reply quickly, please wait a day before re-posting your question. We're not staffed 24/7, and we will answer you as soon as we're able!)
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Debs
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Down to earth
Pronouns: Her
Sexual identity: Straight girl

Unread post by Debs »

I am the same, don't think I ever had a complete hymen, I've never had sex but over last few years I have mastubated and been able to put lots of penis sized objects in to my vagina no problem with no pain or bleeding at all that I can ever remember, so I either never had one or it wore away when I was very little

Debs
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic