Well...this is awkward...

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
BobbyBlobfish
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I am a Trump supporter
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Nothing
Sexual identity: 100% Straight, 100% Male

Well...this is awkward...

Unread post by BobbyBlobfish »

Let's make a "hypothetical" situation. Let's say, I'm a white, Christian, conservative, straight male. And how about we say I support Trump. I am in no way racist, sexist, xenophobic, etc. I know I should stay silent about this, but will I be banned from the message boards for saying this? Only one way to find out...
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Well...this is awkward...

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Bobby,

So, here's the thing: if you were to come to the boards with a question about sex, relationships, bodies, or any of the other topics that are our focus area, we would answer that question. Political alignment does not automatically bar you from getting help and support here.

But if you were, say, to make a post repeating the sentiments of the candidate you support (meaning any sentiment that treats another human being as less than, or any sentiment that implying that woman, LGBTQ folks, immigrants, POC, or disabled folks deserve to have their rights or safety violated) then that in all likelihood would result in a ban. That has less to do with you being a Trump supporter and more to do with the fact that we have not, and never will, tolerate that kind of speech on these boards.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic