concerned about my virginity ?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
121shooter

concerned about my virginity ?

Unread post by 121shooter »

Ok... so... I'm new here and I'm 16 and I just created this account to get an answer to a question that I've been pondering for so long. My question is... that when I masterbate, I insert at least 2 fingers in my viginal opening... and when I at least go deep enough (I'm a virgen) I feel a... how do I say this... something round inside. Locking my fingers from going deeper? what is it? Is it normal? Is that what hurts when you lose your virginity ? I'm like really confused and concerned.... some girls lose their virginity and I've heard that it hurts or they bleed what causes it?
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: concerned about my virginity ?

Unread post by Redskies »

Welcome to the boards, 121shooter!

There are a few different things you might be feeling inside your vagina. If your fingers are fairly deep, then you might be feeling your cervix, at the end of the vagina. It could also be the wall of the vagina or part of the pubic bone, as the vagina doesn't go straight up, but instead tilts backwards. Have you yet seen our piece on the site with drawings and descriptions of the internal and external genitals? If you haven't, it might really help you out in figuring out what part of you is what. Here it is: Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More

What you're describing doesn't sound like anything to be concerned about at all. As long as you aren't causing yourself any pain, touching yourself however you want is absolutely fine.

I know that a lot of people talk about "virginity" and "losing virginity", but for sex education, it's not usually a very helpful term. Really, it's a concept, rather than an actual literal thing. For example, different people mean different things when they talk about "losing virginity": some people only mean vagina-penis intercourse, while others might include other kinds of partnered sex, like anal, oral or manual sex.

People often talk about first intercourse or first entry (for example, with a partner's fingers) being painful and causing bleeding, but there's nothing about the first experience of entry with a partner that makes pain or bleeding any more likely than it is for entry the 100th or 1000th time. Someone might experience pain with entry if they're not aroused enough; arousal causes the vagina to relax. If someone's tense or nervous, entry might be painful because the rings of strong muscles around the vagina are likely to be tense - just like any of our muscles when we're nervous. Too, lack of lubrication causes too much friction, which is usually painful: someone who isn't aroused enough is unlikely to have enough self-lubrication for entry to feel good, and many people need a little extra lubricant from a bottle anyway, no matter how aroused they are. As for bleeding, the vaginal walls are quite delicate and can get minor injuries - like little nicks or tears - if entry is too rough or not lubricated enough.

The thing that people often think causes pain or bleeding is the corona (also known as the hymen). That's a piece of skin just inside the vaginal opening. However, that piece of skin usually gets worn away gradually, naturally, over time, including in childhood and the early teens. People who think that the corona stays in place until first entry and is broken by first entry are mistaken; most people won't have much or any of that skin covering left by the time they choose to become sexually active. As you can put your fingers inside your vagina, it very much sounds like you're one of that group of most people.

Does this answer your questions? If you have more questions, or there's anything you'd like explaining more, we're very happy to do that for you, and to point you towards more of our info on the main site :)
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic