Why did my period stop then start again?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Lalena

Why did my period stop then start again?

Unread post by Lalena »

The tuesday before thanksgiving I had sex with my boyfriend and he finished inside me. I took my bc pill earlier than 24 hours was up, but I also take other meds including miralax because I have an intestine issue. I'm concerned if the bc wasn't working right because of the miralax. Exactly a week later I started my period. I had pretty bad cramps and the blood was somewhat heavy and red, so I assumed nothing of it. The next day it became heavier, and then the next day it stopped halfway through the day. Yesterday I had no bleeding, and up until now there was no blood, but all of a sudden I'm bleeding again. I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative, so what could this mean?? Is there a possiblity I'm pregnant or am having a chemical pregnancy? This type of period is not normal for me at all, even with my bc pill.
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Why did my period stop then start again?

Unread post by Karyn »

Even though it's not normal for you, periods do stop and then start again sometimes, and it's nothing to be concerned about. Just one of those unexpected things bodies do sometimes!

If you have intestinal issues and you're concerned about the pill's effectiveness because of that, have you spoken with your doctor about whether a different method of birth control might be a better fit for you?
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic