Too Old?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
irisadler
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm facing my questions even though it's scary
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: questioning...

Too Old?

Unread post by irisadler »

I'm 28, and I am trying to process my sexual identity. I really wanted to post on this forum and see if I could get some input on my questions, since I can't find any local resources and I don't know anyone I can talk to about this. Am I allowed to post on the Sexual Identity board here? I know on the Questions and Answers part of this site, you have to be under 25 to post, so I wanted to check first. Thank you.
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Too Old?

Unread post by Redskies »

Welcome to Scarleteen!

It's absolutely fine for you to post. All we ask of over-25s is to be respectful of our younger users and our youth-oriented focus, and to use a different service for questions that are mostly only relevant to older adults (for example, sex in a long-term marriage). Questions about figuring out sexual identity are of course very relevant to many young people, and are welcome here. We also don't have an absolute cut-off at 25, because we know that the earlier-years' process of figuring out oneself and one's life isn't all sorted by 25!

Thank you for being so considerate!
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic