Chat Hours/Changes

Board FAQs, help and general announcements about the boards for users.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Chat Hours/Changes

Unread post by Heather »

Just so everyone who uses it or wants to knows, our new current chat days and hours (when it is staffed and open) are:

Monday: 11:00 - 1: 00 / 3:00 - 5:00 PST
Tuesday: 11:00 - 1: 00 / 3:00 - 5:00 PST
Thursday: 11:00 - 1: 00 / 3:00 - 5:00 PST
Friday: 11:00 - 1: 00 / 3:00 - 5:00 PST
Sunday: 11:00 - 4:00 PST

We also will soon be adding a policy that makes clear that chat is not the service to bring many kinds of pregnancy scares too, particularly scares when no one has done anything we list as a real risk, chronic pregnancy anxiety, or scares where someone has not yet (or refuses to) taken a pregnancy test, or has, but refuses to believe tests, exams, and medical and health information about pregnancy and risks is accurate. Within our limits around those kinds of things in general, we ask users instead use the message boards or SMS service for those kinds of concerns.

In chat -- and anywhere else, for that matter -- we also are not going to engage in long arguments or back-and-forths with users who either refuse to believe, or feel themselves incapable of accepting, scientific facts about how human reproduction works. That is simply not a sound use of anyone's time or energy, particularly since it often involves delusional thinking or thinking based in underlying anxiety issues, neither of which we are qualified to, or capable of, helping with productively.

We WILL still absolutely be willing to discuss the range of options people who are earnestly pregnant have and help with those choices, talk with people about when and how to use contraception or Plan B, and how to figure out, and then negotiate with partners, what kinds of sex, if any, a user is or is not comfortable with. But know we will be drawing and holding hard lines around the kind of thing described in the paragraph above, and we ask our users please respect them.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Re: Chat Hours/Changes

Unread post by Jacob »

Just to translate these times to UK time, for me and anyone else on or near GMT:

Monday: 19:00 - 21:00 / 23:00 - 01:00
Tuesday: 19:00 - 21:00 / 23:00 - 01:00
Thursday: 19:00 - 21:00 / 23:00 - 01:00
Friday: 19:00 - 21:00 / 23:00 - 01:00
Sunday: 19:00 - 00:00
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic