tampons/vaginal opening?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
unfortunate

tampons/vaginal opening?

Unread post by unfortunate »

hey, so i'm new here, and i'm 15. i haven't really gotten a good grasp of my own anatomy, though i've masturbated before. i know that the vaginal opening is supposed to be inside the inner lips, and i think i've found it? but i can't get anything in (such as a tampon). i need to find a way to get the tampon in by tomorrow, because i have swimming tryouts. but i find it nervewracking whenever i try to put a finger in.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: tampons/vaginal opening?

Unread post by Heather »

Alas, given how at-ground-zero you are with all of this, if the instructions for the tampons - and other typical helps like using a mirror, using lubricant, and such - aren't resulting in success with this, I can't think of what we could advise from here that would. That's just a lot of learning curve in a very short amount of time.

But I think someone might be able to be of more help in person: have any friends who use them that would be willing to literally show or help you? I know that might seem awkward, probably because it is, but many a friend has helped like that in history, be it putting a tampon in, getting a cervical barrier out, etc. Or a mother or sister if you have either?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
unfortunate

ahh alright. yeah i've tried it several times before, but i'm not sure what to use to lubricate it?? i used a mirror..
i might try asking my sister, yeah. thanks!
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Ultimately, lubricant, made for vaginal use, like sexual lubricants.

But for sure, if your sister can help, I would ask. Like I said, I know it's certainly something you might rather not have someone that up close and personal to help with, but given how quickly you need a solution - and how much it sounds like you want to be able to do tryouts! - in-person help is probably the only kind that can help.

Alternately, while I am someone who is a pretty big stickler for honestly, I also think it blows that tampon use is required in the first place to do something you want to. So, one other option - depending on how you feel about this - might be to just whip your pad off right before you swim. Chances are, flow won't be very heavy while you are that active, and no one will notice if there is any (and in pools with all that chlorine, it's hardly a public health issue). If they do, you could always pretend you just got it, and it is a big surprise to you. Just sayin.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

I hope you found a solution today and that tryouts go well! :D
unfortunate

yep, thanks! i used one for the tryout after a while of uncomfortable half-working ones and im on jv now!
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Congrats! So glad that you were able to work something out so that you weren't kept from something you're passionate about. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic