My period is missing for two days...

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
RosieHayes
Awesomeness Quotient: Artistic
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

My period is missing for two days...

Unread post by RosieHayes »

Hello.. I started taking the birth control pill on my first day of period 2 months ago. I only stopped the bleeding when my second period came after the first 21 pills and the 7 days of "week-off". Then I took the 21 pills and had sex always with a condom. I missed the pill one day and had sex next day and I am not sure if the condom broke or something. Now it's my week-off but my body is not showing any kind of symptoms of period. Also I have started some antipsychotic pills and anti-epileptical pills (the last ones reduce the effectiveness of the birth control but I only started two days ago.. The antipsychotics I don't know if they interfere with birth control). My period is missing for 2 days now... I am probably going to mark an appointment with my gyno at least to change to a better birth control technique which is not less effective with the other pills I'm taking. Anyways.. Could I be pregnant?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: My period is missing for two days...

Unread post by Heather »

A late period is a period that has not shown up when it's been five or more days later than the LATEST you'd expect it. With both menstrual periods and withdrawal bleeds, there is a standard deviation for even the most regular of cycles between 2 and 3 days, so you're not at a late period/bleed yet.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
RosieHayes
Awesomeness Quotient: Artistic
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Re: My period is missing for two days...

Unread post by RosieHayes »

Thank you so much... I appreciate the help. Really...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic