Disolved pill?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Chlo97

Disolved pill?

Unread post by Chlo97 »

Hi, I have been on the microgyron 30g for over a year now about a year and a half and have had no problems:) however im a very paranoid person. I have just had my 7 day break and everything was normal however I am very worried as the last two pills in my pack were dissolved a little bit, I think it was just the sugar however I took it anyway. It was still a full pill but without the coating, is there anything to worry about?
Johanna
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Disolved pill?

Unread post by Johanna »

So you are saying that the pills you are worried about are sugar pills? If so, it does not matter either way, as they do not contain active ingredients. They are just placeholder pills so you stay in the habit of taking your pill at the same time every day.
"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
Chlo97

Unread post by Chlo97 »

Sorry I forgot to say, it's only the 21 day pills then no pills for 7 days and it was the 2 pills before my 7 day break, I spilled water over them by accident in my bag and it was as if the sugar coating of the pill had disolved and I was wondering if that affects anything?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

It's possible that some of the active-ingredient part of the pills dissolved off; I don't think we can really know that for sure. But you could just make sure to back up with condoms for a couple weeks if you want to be extra sure you're at full effectiveness. Even if part of the pill dissolved it wouldn't mean they were entirely ineffective! But extra protection wouldn't hurt.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic