Bleeding

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
catsandmorecats
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: the ability to be amazing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: straight

Bleeding

Unread post by catsandmorecats »

I still haven't had my period since my boyfriend and I had activity. Even though you said it posed no risk for pregnancy, I took a test anyway. Both were negative and the test was taken in the amount of time given. Since I'm irregular it said to take it at least 19 days after.. It's been at least 21+ days. However, I got spotting last night. It wasn't pink or brown it looked like a very light period. Today it's only been a little bit.. Can stress or irregular periods contribute lot to this situation? Or what if I'm actually pregnant? :/
catsandmorecats
not a newbie

Re: Bleeding

Never mind guys!! I just got my period.. I guess it was just a visit from aunt flo. Well I want to thank you guys for assuring me and helping me on this crazy journey. I'm going to be a lot careful now. I'll be sure to let people know about this website since it comes in handy. :) thanks again!!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

How about you start charting your periods today?

Regularly charting will let you get a better sense of what is up with your periods, as well as how irregular they are. Just being able to reference those patterns over time can make it a lot easier to relax about some of this, and harder to get in a panic. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
catsandmorecats
not a newbie

Yeah I got the period tracker again on my phone. I'm going to start doing that lol
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Does it let you add things like spotting or PMS symptoms? If not, doing this old school with paper and pen on a calendar may be more useful.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
catsandmorecats
not a newbie

Yes it let's you add emotions, symptoms like nausea and acne etc and when you should be ovulating :)
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Okay, great!

Just know that if it does not a) ask you if your periods are regular, and make clear that if they are not, you cannot estimate ovulation at all, and b) ask you for either daily cervical mucus or basal temps it CANNOT accurately predict ovulation for you. Only two apps I know of ask for the information needed to do that -- and then do the math/metrics with that info. Many will, unfortunately, say they can give you sound info about ovulation when they just cannot do that.

So, if it doesn't include those things I mentioned, know you should discount anything it tells you about ovulation.

(Love your awesomeness quotient, btw! :D)
catsandmorecats
not a newbie

Gracias! & I will consider that :) i learned a lot during these rough 4 weeks. It makes you have a new found perception of teen pregnancy. Before I wondered why teenagers would place themselves in such a difficult situation but you don't really know how hard it is until you go through it. Its not something you plan it just happens you know. I'll be careful from now on. I know I said it before but thanks. What y'all are doing is great it must take a lot of patience to deal with panicking youngins' like myself lol
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

De nada! I really love the compassionate things you just said here about young people becoming unwantedly pregnant. I think that kind of takeaway from a scare is really wonderful, especially when you also are taking away that you need to make different choices for yourself to better fit what you want (and don't).

Would that everyone took away increased empathy for pregnant and parenting teens from something like this!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic