Brown discharge?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Alexireid
Awesomeness Quotient: Animal lover
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Im female

Brown discharge?

Unread post by Alexireid »

Hi, I'm new to scarleteen. I had sex for the first time a couple days ago. I'm 16. I've been feeling sick every once in a while. Ever since yesterday I've been having an odd brown discharge. It's causing me anxiety. We had sorta rough sex... Maybe that's why? I'm just really confused as to what caused it
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Brown discharge?

Unread post by Karyn »

Sometimes light bleeding can make discharge look brown, and a bit of bleeding can happen from too much friction during sex; it's also not unusual for discharge to be brownish just before your period starts or just as its ending. (You can read more about what's normal in terms of discharge here: Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions) However, if you aren't due for your period, and this continues for more than a couple of days, it would be a good idea to check in with a healthcare provider. Are you and your partner up to date with your sexual healthcare and STI screenings?
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Alice O
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm really good at taking naps.
Primary language: Engish
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: hetero

Re: Brown discharge?

Unread post by Alice O »

Hey Alexireid,

Hope it's okay that I'm jumping in here. Seems like Karyn took care of your question regarding the discharge. I wanted to check in about the sexual experience in general. You mentioned that it was your first time having sex. New sexual experiences often bring up feelings and/or questions--is there anything else you would like to chat about it? Also, you mentioned that it was "rough sex." Was that something that was ok with you?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic