What's going on, Scarleteen?

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
Peonies
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I can raise plants from the dead
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: cis female

What's going on, Scarleteen?

Unread post by Peonies »

How is everyone doing? Any exciting news or YAY moments?

I recently started a graphic design job that I really like so far :D After some anxiety problems that lasted me a few months, I am finally starting to feel better. It is a slow road but I am seeing some light at the end of the tunnel which is something that I didn't see for a while. I had some health problems that cropped up (likely from the anxiety) and I am taking steps to get those checked out. It feels good that things are in motion for me!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season, wherever or however they celebrate!
Formerly CraftyKid
moonlight
volunteer in training
Awesomeness Quotient: I do improv as often as possible.
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: What's going on, Scarleteen?

Unread post by moonlight »

For me its exam season. Classes ended yesterday and I'm starting to study. Its a really great feeling though, because last time exams came around d I was in the depths of depression and didn't even know what was wrong. So to be going into exams with good grades and actually be capable of studying is a feeling so good it almost makes me cry. I can't express how magical and crystal clear things feel now. Depression is like a thick fog that colours everything and I am finally (nearly) free.

In a few weeks I get to go home for Christmas and I am very excited to see my family and take a break.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

Glad to hear you're doing better, craftykid! :D
Kela
not a newbie
Primary language: UK English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Cisgender and Straight

Unread post by Kela »

I've managed to start proper counselling, as in face to face, therapy!! not a crisis line :) I know this will be a relief to many of you volunteers here at scarleteen haha ;) I already feel so positive, and finally feel a sense of inner peace I haven't known for a very long time.

Thankyou to all of you who were so patient with me, but also talked some sense into me when I needed it.

Happy Christmas to you all, volunteers and users!! :)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

I love this thread!

Because of illness struggles, I have not traveled very much this year, but Friday, and heading to Minneapolis for a few days to see my people I miss from when I lived there. And to freeze to death, which I do NOT miss. :)

But the best part is that (probably for the last time, because he's started to catch on to us with this, as he's 8 now) I get to surprise my best friend's little boy, who is the big-little person in my life, at a hotel. Because of seeing them with work travel, he has gotten to stay at hotels with me, which is his favorite thing of ever, and he always acts like he owns the place. He's like a working-class Eloise. :P
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Peonies
not a newbie

Unread post by Peonies »

moonlight wrote:For me its exam season. Classes ended yesterday and I'm starting to study. Its a really great feeling though, because last time exams came around d I was in the depths of depression and didn't even know what was wrong. So to be going into exams with good grades and actually be capable of studying is a feeling so good it almost makes me cry. I can't express how magical and crystal clear things feel now. Depression is like a thick fog that colours everything and I am finally (nearly) free.

In a few weeks I get to go home for Christmas and I am very excited to see my family and take a break.
I'm glad to hear that you are able to study and prepare for your exams this time around! The feeling of depression starting to fade really is like being able to feel clearly for the first time in a while. It is a wonderful feeling to be able to do normal tasks again. I am so happy for you. Good luck with your exams!
Formerly CraftyKid
Peonies
not a newbie

Unread post by Peonies »

Mo wrote:Glad to hear you're doing better, craftykid! :D
Thank you! :)
Formerly CraftyKid
Peonies
not a newbie

Unread post by Peonies »

Kela wrote:I've managed to start proper counselling, as in face to face, therapy!! not a crisis line :) I know this will be a relief to many of you volunteers here at scarleteen haha ;) I already feel so positive, and finally feel a sense of inner peace I haven't known for a very long time.

Thankyou to all of you who were so patient with me, but also talked some sense into me when I needed it.

Happy Christmas to you all, volunteers and users!! :)
That is excellent news Kela! Doesn't it feel great to take steps in helping yourself?
Formerly CraftyKid
Peonies
not a newbie

Unread post by Peonies »

Heather wrote:I love this thread!

Because of illness struggles, I have not traveled very much this year, but Friday, and heading to Minneapolis for a few days to see my people I miss from when I lived there. And to freeze to death, which I do NOT miss. :)

But the best part is that (probably for the last time, because he's started to catch on to us with this, as he's 8 now) I get to surprise my best friend's little boy, who is the big-little person in my life, at a hotel. Because of seeing them with work travel, he has gotten to stay at hotels with me, which is his favorite thing of ever, and he always acts like he owns the place. He's like a working-class Eloise. :P
That is awesome! I love having a big-little person in my life, they can really teach us a thing or two sometimes. I hope that you had/are having a great time visiting with old friends. My best friend recently moved across the country but we are reconnecting when she comes home in a few weeks for the holidays. It's always a fun time. :)
Formerly CraftyKid
moonlight
volunteer in training
Awesomeness Quotient: I do improv as often as possible.
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by moonlight »

CraftyKid wrote:
moonlight wrote:For me its exam season. Classes ended yesterday and I'm starting to study. Its a really great feeling though, because last time exams came around d I was in the depths of depression and didn't even know what was wrong. So to be going into exams with good grades and actually be capable of studying is a feeling so good it almost makes me cry. I can't express how magical and crystal clear things feel now. Depression is like a thick fog that colours everything and I am finally (nearly) free.

I'm glad to hear that you are able to study and prepare for your exams this time around! The feeling of depression starting to fade really is like being able to feel clearly for the first time in a while. It is a wonderful feeling to be able to do normal tasks again. I am so happy for you. Good luck with your exams!
Thank you CraftyKid! It really is a magical feeling.
Atonement
not a newbie
Sexual identity: Cis-gender woman, Hetero

Unread post by Atonement »

So glad this post is here!

I had some extra time yesterday and thought of you guys, and decided to check in.

My life has gotten so much better!

After months of dealing with self-esteem issues due to academic issues and thinking my future had gone out the window, I was accepted to my top choice nursing school back in June.

I moved to Houston in July, and it has been SUCH a positive change for me. I love the environment, and it’s so much easier to stay within my comfort zone than it was in the super conservative town I used to live in.

The nursing program itself is hard, but I’ve been doing better than I have in years. Surprisingly, I had NO trouble making friends almost immediately after starting school (something that has NEVER happened for me), and am part of a large, close-knit group for the first time in my life. I also have a couple of close friendships that I’ve really come to value.

Of course, not everything is perfect. I’m in the middle of finals right now, which has been pretty stressful. My family (particularly my mom and her behavior) has been stressing me out for quite a while now, so going to visit for thanksgiving was pretty hard. But while I’m here, I find it easier to ignore, which may or may not be the best solution. I will actually probably post on that later on.

But I am in a MUCH better place than I was 6 months ago!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

I am so excited to hear all of that great stuff, Atonement! :D
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic