Thank you

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
Herstory
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Scientist and Artist at work
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Thank you

Unread post by Herstory »

I just wanted to take a moment to thank the Scarleteen community this Thanksgiving for being so supportive, for helping me overcome my issues with my sexuality, and for always providing a safe platform for me to discuss my preferences. You all have helped me through my confusing journey through discovering my sexuality and have helped me accept and embrace the way that I like to have sex, even if it’s different from what society tells me it should be. I wish I had this when I was growing up, but I’m grateful that I have this community now. Please don’t stop validating and affirming others. This website is such an amazing tool for people, especially teens, to discover who they are, so thank you.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Thank you

Unread post by Sam W »

Thank you so much for this, Herstory, and I'm so glad to hear that this has been a space that was so helpful to you this year :)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Thank you

Unread post by Heather »

Thank you! And thanks for being part of this community! I've personally really appreciated interacting with you and having you around. You're an awesome person.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic