First time masturbation

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
Juno
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Female Pronouns
Sexual identity: Pansexual - FTM

First time masturbation

Unread post by Juno »

For a while, I have wanted to try masturbating. The problems I face though are that I am not quite used to sexually pleasing myself. I am not sexually active, and have a series of concerns about touching myself. If I do take to pleasuring myself, I refuse to go any farther than keeping my underwear on (I'm not that used to touching myself full on and am just still trying to get used to the idea of touching my vaginal area) and usually just stroke or rub what I can. When I have tried doing circle like motions on my clitoris, or just experimenting with it in general, it gets nothing out of me, mostly because I am not familiar with my vaginal area and don't quite know how to get intimate with what. I've thought about trying to at least try and touch my vaginal opening to take baby steps to what I'm trying to achieve; but I'm still hesitant.
Alice M
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: my boundaries
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bi/pan

Re: First time masturbation

Unread post by Alice M »

Hi Juno,

It's great that you're aware of where your comfort zone is with this right now. There is no need to rush yourself -- doing what makes you happy, comfortable and safe is priority number one. No one can tell you exactly what you want or should do, because you're you and no one else, so you get to learn along the way. It is 100% okay to keep your underwear on until you are entirely ready to take them off.

I recommend checking out the following and coming back with more questions or comments if you so choose!
Going Blind: A Masturbation Memoir

Why Does Masturbation Feel Weird?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic