Random question about gel dip manicures

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
marilos87
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Random question about gel dip manicures

Unread post by marilos87 »

Hi Scarleteen,

This might be an odd question but I’m going to get my nails done tonight with my friends and I usually just get regular gel nails when I go with my mom but my friends are talking about getting gel dip done and I’m not really sure what that is. I’ve tried looking it up online but I’m confused. I have really short nails so I’m not even sure if nail techs would be able to do gel dip on me. Do gel dip nails have to be long? Because all pictures I’ve seen of gel dip the nails are long. Do you ladies happen to know anything about nails? Sorry this is such a random question but you guys were the only ones I could think to ask without sounding clueless in front of my friends tonight. Thanks in advance for the help.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Random question about gel dip manicures

Unread post by Mo »

Sadly this is a bit outside of our realm of expertise! One thing you could do is give the nail salon a call and ask them about it; most places are happy to answer quick questions about their services.
marilos87
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Re: Random question about gel dip manicures

Unread post by marilos87 »

Thanks! Sometimes I don’t understand what my nail techs are saying but my nail tech ended up doing a great job :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic