Scheduled Nightmares?

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
aeb0310
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Pansexual

Scheduled Nightmares?

Unread post by aeb0310 »

So, about every two months I have a week and a half of extremely bad dreams (I mean extremely bad, I’ll wake up shaking). Now, because I know it kind of has its own schedule, it doesn’t seem like it’s coming from any stress or things I might be thinking about in particular at the time. Any idea of what it could be? Its been going on for a while.
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Re: Scheduled Nightmares?

Unread post by Jacob »

I don't think dream interpretation falls under sex education, so given my limited credentials I can only say that I have plenty of friends who do simply have periods of bad dreams. For some, the timing can be, random, and for others it can be related to what is going on in their lives.

I would however totally recommend any form of self care to improve your general well-being, but if this affects dreaming, I couldn't say.

Self-Care a La Carte
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
NehaKate
Awesomeness Quotient: My emotions and drawing and writing skills.
Primary language: English (UK)
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Scheduled Nightmares?

Unread post by NehaKate »

The best way to identify the trigger would be to talk to a psychologist. I tend to have very bad dreams too, I wake up disoriented and forget my name sometimes too. The best way to combat the feeling is to embed into your mind that it was JUST A DREAM. I am 17 years old and it still bothers me. I assure you that these things won't have a lasting impact.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic