Self care for pregnancy scare

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
Gurl93
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Self care for pregnancy scare

Unread post by Gurl93 »

Hi a couple days ago I asked a "am I pregnant ?" Question and got the answer "were not answering that"
So I guess I'm not.. still I'm worried.
I've read pretty much every article in this site, and I know oral and manual don't result in pregnancy.. I wonder if i took enough precautions to not get cum or precum near my vaigina we both were naked. And before had dry jump with underware (I also read that that doesn't lead to pregnancy even if there's leak)

Could you help me with self care ??

I've read the articles but if it's possible I would like to talk.
Tomorrow morning I'll take a pregnancy test.
Usually I get my period from day 26 to 30. Today is 29, so I guess I'm not late. Just worried, and even though I've already been answered I want to act in a way that is self caring through this days.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Self care for pregnancy scare

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Gurl93,

This article is full of self-care ideas that you can use to get you through the next few days, and taking the pregnancy test is also a form of self-care, because it's going to help you move past the anxiety you've been feeling: Self-Care a La Carte
Gurl93
not a newbie

Unread post by Gurl93 »

Thank you. I keep on reading it.
I was wondering, when you say pregnancy can occur only with direct contact between reproductive organs ora direct contact with the fluids... that's why I can't be pregnant?

Because I never had his penis in my vagina (inside or touching its outsides ) in DIRECT contact, only while wearing underware (that means it was indirect.

And I never had direct fluids together (let's suppose that after giving him oral, I searched for my panties and put them on.. ) IF I touched my vagina, with that hand and it had fluids.. then pregnancy is also not possible because it was also indirect ) same if he touched me?
Gurl93
not a newbie

Unread post by Gurl93 »

I'm so sorry.. I'm freaking out.
I thought I was being safe with what I did.
Dry hump (both with underwear)
Manual sex (completely naked both)
Oral sex (me swallowing the fluids so they don't end up somewhere it shouldn't, also both naked)
But I'm two days late and have no signs of getting my period, later today I'll take a pregnancy test but I'm scared of the answer.
I can't help but wonder what could have gone wrong ?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Having a period that's a few days late is actually pretty common, because we can experience little irregularities in our cycles. You can read more about that here: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?
Gurl93
not a newbie

Unread post by Gurl93 »

Thank you Sam, I just read it. How many days being late is considered normal? In a couple hours I'll take the test just to be sure, but I was wondering
Gurl93
not a newbie

Unread post by Gurl93 »

I also have another question. Promise it will be the last... why are so many of us worried about pregnancy, having anxiety about it, scared of sperm and so on.. I mean many questions in this site are about that.. what going on with out society ?!
I'm
Included.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

We have an article that touches on a lot of the common reasons we see for people to have persistent pregnancy scares even in the face of evidence that they are not pregnant or had no risk to begin with. I think you'll find it helpful, hopefully in your own situation and also in terms of understanding some of the factors that contribute to these scares in the first place. You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are?
Gurl93
not a newbie

Unread post by Gurl93 »

Thanks Mo. I keep asking myself the same question over and over again. Why do I think I'm pregnant? The answer is always (maybe we had semen in our hands) i don't know.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Of the things in that article, are there ones that felt like they resonated with you?
Gurl93
not a newbie

Unread post by Gurl93 »

Yes and no. I don't know why I'm so confussed.
First I had dry hump with panties (I agree with the article.. pregnancy is not likely)

Second oral and manual sex do not lead to pregnancy (I also agree with the article, but I wonder if that includes doing those activities completely naked ??)

Third I agree I don't have direct contact penis-vagina and that doesn't lead to pregnancy.

Fourth there was no direct contact of fluids (because I swallowed the semen. ) but here comes my worry and question about whether "we had or didnt have semen in our hands " encause he wiped himself and the fingered me. I also put in my panties before washing my hands. I know sperm and semen must be together and that they don't have super powers.. but what Ig either one of us had semen and touched my vagina ?? That is my real worry. (I keep going on and on because I'm waiting for my boyfriend to come home with a pregnancy test )
I'll test as soon as he arrives (one more hour I guess, I'm one day late.. I'll read the instructions but I won't take it with mornings first pee because I have already peed twice today..)
Gurl93
not a newbie

Unread post by Gurl93 »

Hi :-) just took a pregnancy test and it was negative :-) it was clear blue, it said that if I took it before my period I should use first morning urine.. the day of my period could be used at any time.
So after I peed twice in the morning I tested 7am, 8am and tested with pee from 10 am (yesterday was the day I was supposed to get my period)
So I can trust the result right??
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Unread post by Redskies »

We will not answer ANY questions about pregnancy fear or anxiety in our direct services from users who are not pregnant or who are not or have not otherwise been directly involved with an actual pregnancy.

Please do not post this kind of question. If you are seeing this text, and your thread is locked, it is because you have posted this kind of question.

We CAN and WILL talk about things like:
• choosing and using a method or methods of contraception for any future sexual activity
• creating your own sexual limits and boundaries based on your needs and/or presenting them to any partners
• making sexual choices that suit your own needs, abilities and limitations, including your own readiness for certain possible risks
• help locating or using emergency contraception if and when you have had a pregnancy risk
• discussing options with a real, existing pregnancy, and help finding and accessing those options, such as abortion services and pre-natal care, or discussing feelings or concerns about a past pregnancy
• help with anxiety like locating mental health services, sound self-help or asking for support from friends or family

For help dealing with a scare (including what poses a risk and your next steps based on your unique situation), you may use our tool on site built for this purpose: The Pregnancy Panic Companion.
For help with anxiety, click here.
For related help and information at Scarleteen, click here.
If you would like more information about this policy, click here.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Locked Previous topicNext topic