Did I take the test correctly ??

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
lucli
not a newbie
Pronouns: Ñucyñi

Did I take the test correctly ??

Unread post by lucli »

what does "use immediately mean after opening " mean ?

I opened the package, I was nervous and i couldn't pee right away. I did try to be as fast as I could though.

Opened the packaged peed in a cup, took off the lead of the test, dipped 5 seconds, placed it flat then I realized it was with the result window facing to the ground so I gently turned it over, waited 3 minutes and that was it, it was negative.

Was that ok??
lucli
not a newbie

Re: Did I take the test correctly ??

Unread post by lucli »

I couldn't pee right away after opening the package it took me like 30 seconds. And then I took off the lid. Could that affect the result ?
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Unread post by Eddie C »

Use "immediately after opening" usually means to not open it, go do some errands and then come back a couple of hours later to do it.

If you followed the instructions that came with the test -- and really sounds like you did! -- you can trust its results. :)
lucli
not a newbie

Unread post by lucli »

Excelent!! Thanks :-)
lucli
not a newbie

Unread post by lucli »

Thanks for all the help and patience. I'm sorry if I have been on your nerves. I just don't know what to do to calm myself.
I did get my period two days after sex, and my pregnancy test in day 14 came negative.
But I can't let it go.. I read I should wait at least 19 days (I'll retest) just to see if that helps me.
I can't sleep or think.. starting to have sucursal thoughts.
People say it's even possible to have negative results after a couple months pregnant.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

At this point I think the best thing to do is to point you to this page, about what your next steps are once you've taken a test and had a negative result: http://www.scarleteen.com/the_pregnancy ... s_negative

I do strongly encourage you to seek out some mental healthcare to get support for what sounds like some pretty intense anxiety you're dealing with right now; I think that's going to be a positive step here if you can manage it.
lucli
not a newbie

Unread post by lucli »

Thanks Mo, Edith, and everyone :-)
I saw your message yesterday but I wanted to take some time to calm myself and try to see everything clearly. I'm sorry to bother.

I read the article you gave me and it helped me, I'm a bit more calmed and when I start to freak out I reread it over and over again.

I made as many numbers as I could like what's the longest sperm can live, what's the longest time until Hcg is detected and so on.

I try to make up my mind to what you tell me, that if I got my period (even two days after sex) and pregnancy test (14 days after sex) came negative I'm definitely not pregnant.

I'll try to repeat that to myself. It's just that ideas keep poping in my mind, like if sperm live up to 7 days and hcg shows in 15 days then I must wait over 3 weeks to test (asumming that I could have ovulated the last day that sperm could have been alive )

I'll retest in day 19 after sex.. but I fear that won't help me.

Fortunately my period is due in a little over two weeks, and then I'll be calmed. But I can't shake the idea of what if it doesn't come and that really scares me and makes me super depressed.

I tried to open myself up to new experiences to leave all my fears (I do have many fears besides pregnancy.. I know I need help) I tried to have sex the right way, the safe way to avoid having this freak out... and it didn't matter what I did or how I tried to make it right.. things didn't turn out how I expected them to. And I'm worried and disappointed.

I would love to have an answer to share your thoughts. But I do understand that you can't help me, and that I'm becoming pretty intense. So if you decide to not answer, I really want you to know I absolutely apreciate your effort and help and kindness.

I haven't been able to leave the scare because to me it is really a possibility.. and I wish it wasn't. But I'll stop posting about it. I just want a sure answer I'm I, or I'm i not pregnant. I can't get it not even from a pregnancy test because earthier I don't believe it or I wonder if I took it at the right time.. I know I should wait till my period is late, but it's been very difficult and though on me.

Thank you again
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Karyn »

At this point, I'm not sure what else we can tell you other than to strongly suggest, again, that you seek out some mental healthcare. It's pretty clear that anxiety is a big problem for you right now, and a qualified mental health professional is going to be your best source of help in learning to manage it. Would you like some help finding that kind of care in your area?

In the meantime, too, you might also find reading this piece helpful: Anxiety Lies. (It talks about some of what you seem to be experiencing, how anxiety can hijack your thoughts and make it difficult to trust information that you know logically to be true.)
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
lucli
not a newbie

Unread post by lucli »

Yes thank you :) I would love help with that
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer

Unread post by Karyn »

You got it. :)

One option is to talk to your general doctor, if you have one that you see on a regular basis, and ask them if they have any suggestions about who to contact for mental healthcare.

Another possibility, if you're a student, is to see if your school has any counselling services for students.

Do either of those sound like options you feel comfortable pursuing?
lucli
not a newbie

Unread post by lucli »

Actually I already went to see my counselor but they said the didn't have time and I should book an appointment I for next year.

I don't have a general doctor, so I'll look for one.

Thank you
lucli
not a newbie

Unread post by lucli »

I just wanted to get the facts straight, I've given it a lot of thought and because I've written so many things maybe I got confussed.

Could you please for the very very last time I swear help me with straight answers to set it all super clear ? Just so when I get anxiouse, I read you answer knowing exactly what you mean.

1) I had sex the day before my period( not fertile for starters) I thought I should take EC, BUT because I got my period I didn't take it. (Also, because I had my period there waS NO more need to take EC, right?) because period means not pregnant even if I had sex just one day before period.

2) There was no eyaculation, condom broke. So risk is low even with precum (right? )

3) I took pregnancy test 14 days after sex, it came negative (I'm really not pregnant, correct? It gave enough time for the test to detect Hcg in the right level with digital clear blue.

4) I'll retest just for sure in 19 days after sex (it should also be negative because of all that I already wrote, and therefore I should totally leave the whole thing and carry on with my life and find a therapist ASAP, SURELY with NO baby on the way any time soon)

Am I right ??
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Unread post by Eddie C »

Lucli,

I am sorry you are still having a hard time with this but as we made clear we are not going to answer any questions about pregnancy unless someone is dealing with an actual pregnancy.

If you are interested in keep talking about how to deal with the underlying problem that is triggering your anxiety, we can do that but we stand to the limit we already set around any pregnancy questions.
lucli
not a newbie

Unread post by lucli »

Ok thank you. Please tell me if I'm understanding it right (English is not my first language)

I am certainly not pregnant, and that's what you can't help me. I shouldn't worry about it. But I should worry to find help to deal with anxiety.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

Yep, I think finding some help for your anxiety is a good next step to take and the right thing to focus on right now. I'm sorry your counselor brushed you off & said they didn't have time for you! I wonder if they'd be able to refer you to someone who does have openings sooner? It may be worth getting in touch with them to see if they have any other ideas for who you could talk to.
lucli
not a newbie

Unread post by lucli »

I'll do that, really thank you for your time.
For now I'll look for a therapist nearby. And I'll try to calm myself every time I start to panic about something that's not even possible (today I took my last pregnancy test-20 days after sex- it came negative)
So as from today I start taking small steps to get rid of anxiety. Thank you so much.
I can't say I'm 100% calmed.. but thank to all your support I can honestly say I'm 100% sure and decided to make a change of mind to have a healthy life where I live in reality.
It might take time a be difficult to destroy my habits. But I've got to.
I realized that because of them I don't let myself live my life, I stop doing or enjoying things.
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer

Unread post by Karyn »

Looking for a therapist nearby sounds like a great plan: I'm glad you're feeling more confident about seeking out support! It is likely to take some time to change these anxiety-driven thought patterns, but it is possible and something that will likely help you feel so much better in the long run.
lucli
not a newbie

Unread post by lucli »

Thanks Karyn!
Is started to have a lot of interesnt in pregnancy and everything around it (I think I'll take a course about it to gather as much information as posible )

I was wondering why do people say that digital tests are not accurate.
I though (and read here) that they all are accurate if taken at the right moment (at least 14 days after sex or 4 days before period)

But I've been reading comments about people who bought digital clear blue and compared their results to the normal HPT, and they say that clear blue said negative while the others had very faint lines indicating positive..

I don't understand (I'm also kinda worried because I used clear blue digital, I say "kinda worried " because I know I can trust the result because I did take the test in the right time (day 20 after sex))

But why does that happen ? I thought a digital one would "see" a very very faint line and indicate "pregnant", because the normal HPT say in their box that very faint lines do indicate pregnant.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Lucli,

Because of the limits we've set here, I think it's best if we focus on connecting you with help for your anxiety rather than continuing to feed the anxious thought patterns. Have you had any luck finding potential therapists nearby?

I also think this article would be helpful for you right now, given the internet comments you've been reading: Legit or Unfit? Finding Safe, Sound Sex Educators & Support Online
lucli
not a newbie

Unread post by lucli »

I have a couple numbers I'll call on Monday (today everything is closed)
Thank you for the article I'll read it.
lucli
not a newbie

Unread post by lucli »

I just read the article.
My question about why digital pregnancy test show negative, and normal ones show faint positives, happened because I read reviews in amazon about the product
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english

Unread post by Sam W »

Sounds like a plan! If you need it, this article has tips on finding a therapist and working with that therapist effectively: Process This: Getting the Most Out of Therapy
lucli
not a newbie

Unread post by lucli »

Thank you !!
lucli
not a newbie

Unread post by lucli »

Hi :-)
I don't now if I should open a new topic, or if it's ok if I keep writing here.

I've given more thought to the reasons why sex stresses me out.. and lately I've come to one idea, an idea that makes me sad.

Maybe I'm stressed because I'm not ready for or sure about the boyfriend I have. And that frightens me.. because I think he's great and I don't now if I'll ever find someone so great.

But he already pictures a future with me like marriage.. (you know we're at the "right" age for that.. ) no ring yet, so how serious could we actually be, right?

People around are getting married and I thought that was what I wanted, and I guessed I still do.being married has always been my life dream, really I don't care if it sounds silly.

But with all my parents drama I don't know.. I have like tons of different thoughts running through my head, like is he right for me, am I right for him, is the life that we can give each other enough? Would I live with him up to my expectations as a couple?

Right now the house is what worries me the must, it's like a simbol to me. He wants to buy it maybe somewhere I don't like but it's cheaper. Mmm is that what my future looks like somewhere cheap where I don't feel comfortable ? And I should be ok with that because I love him ? Is love ever enough ?

I think I need to be calmed and cold to make the right decisions.

So having sex.. and being worried about getting pregnant really scares me because I'm not sure about us as a couple. What would I do with his baby ?

I know that next week I get my period and my HPT, 20 days after sex came negative and I should just let it go. But all this stress has made me rethink everything.. and I guess it's ok to see things with another light, but I wish life would be more simple.

We've talked about my worries, and I'm afraid I hurt him with them. But I don't want to be quite about worries specially if they have to do with our future as a couple.

I don't know where this worries come from though.
lucli
not a newbie

Unread post by lucli »

I'm sorry I'm really upset. I don't want to be in this relationship anymore. I've tried before to leave but he won't let me and at times I feel guilty or unsure to leave.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic