My school's media center has a little quaint section for diversity.

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
KittyPink
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I do art.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Xe/Xir or She/her
Sexual identity: Lesbian, switch, polyam, rope addict.

My school's media center has a little quaint section for diversity.

Unread post by KittyPink »

Which includes several LGBT-themed books and even a book about Stonewall, which is great in itself. I actually am checking out a book, Beyond Magenta, for anyone who is familiar with it.
"You are a dreamcatcher, you are beautiful to look at and you take the bad away and only give people the good." - Andrea Blankenship

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: My school's media center has a little quaint section for diversity.

Unread post by Sam W »

Beyond Magenta is a really neat book, if for no other reason than it tells the stories of trans and gender nonconforming youth by, you know, actually asking them to talk about their lives.
KittyPink
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I do art.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Xe/Xir or She/her
Sexual identity: Lesbian, switch, polyam, rope addict.

Re: My school's media center has a little quaint section for diversity.

Unread post by KittyPink »

Sam W wrote:Beyond Magenta is a really neat book, if for no other reason than it tells the stories of trans and gender nonconforming youth by, you know, actually asking them to talk about their lives.
I've started reading it to help with the petition, as I find the way to sway some emotionally deep-rooted people is to, well, fight that with emotions of the other side. Though, I'm finding it's also helping me too, especially with me knowing but being oblivious to my gender when I was little. I dislike how subtle it was, like I always wanted to be with the girls and like gym class I always hated being with the boys. I actually kind of always tried to hide down there when bathing, especially when I needed help because I was really sick and weak at times. To be honest, I had body envy when puberty struck. My mother originally thought that I had low self-esteem because of body image issues, which I did have, but it was essentially gender dysphoria in disguise. I never really felt right in boys clothes, no matter the fit. Even though my mother had got me super skinny jeans (and accidentally bought one girls pair, didn't realize it was from the juniors side until the cashier told her on a return trip. To be honest, the junior's fit me better anyway. :P) I disliked swimming, I hated swim trunks, and disliked my chest being uncovered.
"You are a dreamcatcher, you are beautiful to look at and you take the bad away and only give people the good." - Andrea Blankenship

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic