Not really steamed, but updates on my grandmother's "sexting" issue.

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
KittyPink
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I do art.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Xe/Xir or She/her
Sexual identity: Lesbian, switch, polyam, rope addict.

Not really steamed, but updates on my grandmother's "sexting" issue.

Unread post by KittyPink »

So, apparently my grandmother won't let me go out because of the fact I've texted about and taken part in some of my kinky interests. Which she considers "deviant behavior" and considers it wrong. She also compared it to choking myself for my own pleasure. (Which is far from what I'm into, and if I were to take part in something like that I acknowledge that it is very dangerous to do something like that.)
"You are a dreamcatcher, you are beautiful to look at and you take the bad away and only give people the good." - Andrea Blankenship

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Not really steamed, but updates on my grandmother's "sexting" issue.

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Kittypink,

That seems to fit with her overall pattern of sucky, controlling behavior. Do you have any sense of what might cause her to lift that restriction so that you can get out of the house?
KittyPink
not a newbie

Sam W wrote:Hi Kittypink,

That seems to fit with her overall pattern of sucky, controlling behavior. Do you have any sense of what might cause her to lift that restriction so that you can get out of the house?
Nope, I don't have a single idea, yet, at least. Other than just maybe trying to wait and stay firm on my current point.
"You are a dreamcatcher, you are beautiful to look at and you take the bad away and only give people the good." - Andrea Blankenship

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Can you tell me a little more about your current point (also, how did she discover what you'd been texting about)?
KittyPink
not a newbie

Sam W wrote:Can you tell me a little more about your current point (also, how did she discover what you'd been texting about)?
Well, basically what I'm telling her is to think in the middle. And how I'm doing that is saying that people say gay people are taking part in deviant behavior, so it's no different than people doing that, using it the way she sees fit.
(She had found out because she had made hand over the phone she had gave me, which had texts on there from an ex who I was still talking about some sexual stuff with at the time.)

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Are you finding that she responds to that argument in a positive way, or does it make her double down?

It sounds like a plan for the future might be to delete any conversations where you talk about sex. Of course, that might not help if she demands it while you're texting, but it might head off a similar situation in the future.
KittyPink
not a newbie

Sam W wrote:Are you finding that she responds to that argument in a positive way, or does it make her double down?

It sounds like a plan for the future might be to delete any conversations where you talk about sex. Of course, that might not help if she demands it while you're texting, but it might head off a similar situation in the future.
She's responded in a usually defensive way. And yeah, that's probably a good idea.

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic