Cramps

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
Audryll
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I don't know
Primary language: English

Cramps

Unread post by Audryll »

. how do I exercise (stunts/running/volley) when my cramps are really bad? I do take supplements...Sometimes. Let's just say I'm a very forgetful person that's why I'm pretty much tht person tht will only finish a box of supplements in like..10years? I do have an okay diet though. I check how many kcal and what I eat a lot.(veges and fruits) So I don't rly know why it would be so bad though
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Cramps

Unread post by Karyn »

Do you take any sort of medication for cramps when they happen, like ibuprofen? Proper nutrition can help reduce cramps in the long term, but most people will find they do still happen to some degree and will need to be managed. Too, if your cramps are so bad that they interfere with your daily activities on a regular basis, then that's something to check in with a healthcare provider about.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Audryll
not a newbie

Unread post by Audryll »

No I hate medications :( it taste bitter :(
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

I find that if you swallow painkillers with juice, that tends to mask the bitter taste. But, we have other suggestions for how to manage cramps in this article: Stamp Out Cramps!
Audryll
not a newbie

Unread post by Audryll »

Wouldn't it get all messy and ugly if you have sex during period? I don't have painkillers due to certain reasons.
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Ashleah »

Have you had a chance to check out the link that Sam provided? It has some suggestions for alleviating cramps that does not include medication.

As far as sex on a period, it comes down to personal preference and what you are comfortable with. There seems to be a lot of stigma around having sex while someone is on their period (really, menstrual cycles in general) which might make it seem gross or nasty for some, but there is absolutely no reason that someone can't have sex during this time. Sure there can be some "mess" but that can be the case for sex in general. Something to help out with that is to keep a towel around to put under you, wipe up and off as you go along, or both. But it isn't necessary, and cleaning is something that can be taken care of after sex.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic