YAY!

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

YAY!

Unread post by Heather »

What's this thread for?

It's for YAY! (But, you might be asking, what the heck does that mean?)

It means it's the place to leave a post about something utterly awesome that just happened to you, or that you just did; about something great in your world or the world we're all part of. Maybe you just fell in love, maybe you just finished writing your first novel, maybe you just took really great care of yourself or someone else, maybe you just saw a frog on your front stoop who was the cutest thing ever. Maybe everyone suddenly got universal healthcare, maybe world peace was finally achieved.

It can also be the place to invite or elicit big yay, like by asking others to do or say something fantastically good or even just downright silly. For instance, you could post asking everyone who reads it to do a jig right there and then and post back when they have.

You all know that a lot of what we deal with here is heavy or challenging or loaded or tricky. So, this is a place to balance some of that out, to revel in the good stuff, the light stuff, the easy stuff, the not-so-tricky. So, share some YAY! with us, would you? :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Keda
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always nice, I just sometimes hide it well
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: Wibbly wobbly sexy wexy

Re: YAY!

Unread post by Keda »

I've been holding this in until the new boards are officially semi-open. :P

A couple of days ago, I talked to my girlfriend about something I've been really struggling with. It's an insecurity about our relationship... and I'd been thinking through it for weeks, coming to understand what I feel and why I feel it and what might help me feel otherwise, if possible, and it's just such a shitty process - spending all that time deliberately triggering bad feelings in myself so I could get a closer look and understand - and I hadn't told her, because I didn't know how to explain what I didn't really understand myself.

And then a few days ago, it sort of fell into place - I got to a point where, basically, I wanted to ask her one question which I already knew the answer to, and tell her why I'd asked and what I'd been feeling so insecure about. I wasn't worried about not getting my point across, or just peeling off that layer of tangled bullshit to find another one underneath. And I did it, and she said exactly what I knew she would, and was wonderful and loving and understanding, and now I feel fantastic. :D

So fantastic that I had an NRE away-with-the-fairies moment this morning, thinking about how awesome my girlfriend is, and nearly fell down the stairs.

So, YAY! :D
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

This is an awesome yay! (And am very glad you didn't injure yourself in the process!)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Ruth
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer/lesbian

Unread post by Ruth »

Kittens!

We just adopted some kittens that someone we know had been fostering for the last couple of weeks, which means we get the benefits of both having new kittens (eeeee!) and having seen them when they're absolutely tinysmall in a way that most kitten adopters don't - also it means they're already super comfortable around us, which is excellent as it means they've been super cool about the house move.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

Tiny kittens! That's a big yay for sure.
Keda
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always nice, I just sometimes hide it well
Sexual identity: Wibbly wobbly sexy wexy

Unread post by Keda »

Oooh, kittens! I adore kittens - most of my cats have been adults as we pick them up in need from people who can no longer keep them etc., and they're wonderful, but I do sometimes miss the opportunity to play with some real live kittens. :D Have fun!
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

My once-roomie of many years ago just set the new 40-44 age group world record in the Gay Games, for the Minnesota's men's 4 X 50M freestyle relay. I am beaming with pride. :) (In so many ways!)
ratperson
not a newbie

Unread post by ratperson »

I'm slowly getting over my phone anxiety because of so many doctors office calls. I know the doctors office part isn't the best, but I've had awful phone anxiety and the past few times on the phone I haven't had panic attacks or gone somewhat nonverbal because I was having difficulty. I think this will continue to improve, and I'm really happy about it. :D
Kaizen
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I've kept a journal for thirteen years so far
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Kaizen »

I got an A in the capstone course for my major! :D This involved picking a topic, picking a board of professors, writing a 20 page paper with support from valid sources, and discussing said paper with said board for an hour. From the board I got a B+. The paper, the professor who graded it said, was one of the best pieces of student work he's seen.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

That's fantastic! What a great response from your professor.
Sunshine
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I have a quote for every situation
Sexual identity: Bi

Unread post by Sunshine »

Congratulations, Kaizen!

My big yay right now is that I am finally feeling better after a pretty shitty year. I am glad 2015 is almost over.

I love the holiday season, even though I have to work. My partner is home (big yay, because we're mostly long distance due to our jobs) and he's been cooking for me and leaving me cute notes around the house and just being generally wonderful. I am so thankful I have him in my life, and we've gotten a lot of old problems sorted out lately.

I recently saw my dearest friends who also live far away from me. Our how are you's went like this: "So, really, how are you doing?" "Better. And you?" "Stable." "Yay! Thumbs up!" I love when you can be honest with each other like that.

My parents will drop by for Christmas. I was afraid they weren't going to make it because of health problems, but it seems life is finally giving them a break as well.

There is so much love around me right now. This sounds corny perhaps, but it's true, and it's making me feel so happy and grateful. I wish I could bottle some of this feeling up and send it around the world. To all the wonderful people on here who are so patient and wise and understanding and supportive: Merry whatever time of the year it is for you! I wish you peace and happiness and strength and good food and giggles and everything you wish for. Thank you all so much.
bikinksterboy
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my willingness to try essentially anything
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: bisexual

Unread post by bikinksterboy »

I don't know if this thread is even remotely still active, but I think it's pretty awesome that I've gotten three college acceptances in the past week
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: They

Unread post by Jacob »

Go you, bikinksterboy! I'm really happy for you!
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
bikinksterboy
not a newbie

I'm going to be graduating from high school next week and have been accepted into the honors program at the college I'm going to!
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: They

Unread post by Jacob »

That's awesome! Movin' on up!
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
bikinksterboy
not a newbie

just had my 3-year anniversary with my girlfriend and it was great! I think it was some of the best sex we've had too cuz we didn't rush and there was no discomfort or awkwardness
GenHenkston

Unread post by GenHenkston »

I made my first recording of my own song. It was so exciting!! I went to this for a long time, and finally, it happened!
:)
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Unread post by Siân »

Wow that's quite an accomplishment!
bazookasos
not a newbie
Sexual identity: Female

Unread post by bazookasos »

GenHenkston wrote:I made my first recording of my own song. It was so exciting!! I went to this for a long time, and finally, it happened!
I hope one day, you can share your song with us here, it would be interesting to hear you singing! :)
Melamyl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My face
Pronouns: She

Unread post by Melamyl »

I got a salary increase, I'm now readying myself for a bigger Christmas bonus! :D
icegu0922
Awesomeness Quotient: Ambition
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Unread post by icegu0922 »

This is such a great idea! I am excited to see everyone's "Yay" moments. My latest "Yay" is that I finally finished my undergraduate degree and got a BA in psychology. It took five years, but I am happy to be finally finished and hopefully going on to graduate school.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic