what are ways to make friends?

Questions and discussion about sex and sexuality in political or community beliefs, principles, actions, policies, experiences, messages and media.
Tiyunna
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Adventures, Learning, Investigator, Talented
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Tiyunna
Sexual identity: straight

what are ways to make friends?

Unread post by Tiyunna »

I am attending college in just two weeks. This is a whole different environment and because I have PTSD I am confused on how to make new friends. I have 0 friends and I really want to go places to hangout.I am not sure what steps to take to make friends because I never had any. I always talked to some associates and pull back from them. It gets lonely sometimes because I trust hardly nobody
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: what are ways to make friends?

Unread post by Heather »

I'm excited for you that you're going to have these new opportunities! :)

Really, I'd say this is about figuring out what ways work for you, uniquely, and that you like, to make friends in the context of the kinds of social opportunities college can provide.

You say you want to go places to hang out, for example. What kind of places seem most interesting to you? And what ways of just meeting people tend to feel like best fits for you?

You also mention you have trouble trusting people and struggle with PTSD. Are these related? Have you ever gotten any pro help with either or both? Would you be interested in looking into that?

What do you feel like you need to start being a little more trusting and building trust with others? When you say you pull back from people as you start to get close, any sense of what seems to get you to that point?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic