Getting your tubes tied

Questions and discussion about sex and sexuality in political or community beliefs, principles, actions, policies, experiences, messages and media.
Catherwren
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My fondness of music
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her they/them
Sexual identity: Gay

Getting your tubes tied

Unread post by Catherwren »

Personally, I think it's stupid so many doctors in Canada won't let women under 35 get their tubes tied. Sure, you might regret it, but it's also kind of sexist to assume all women who don't want kids will change their minds suddenly.
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Getting your tubes tied

Unread post by Redskies »

We do agree that it's unfair and unnecessary that it's often so difficult, in many countries, for young and/or childless women to access this procedure.

It would be sensible, and standard medical care, for a healthcare provider to take care that the patient is fully informed and has considered widely and at length, before going through with any permanent medical procedure. But when a provider refuses this procedure no matter what, that does seem to have a lot to do with sexism.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic