World Sexual Health Day 2015

Questions and discussion about sex and sexuality in political or community beliefs, principles, actions, policies, experiences, messages and media.
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

World Sexual Health Day 2015

Unread post by Karyn »

September 4th is World Sexual Health Day.The day has a different theme each year, and this year's theme is "Sexual Health for a Fairer Society": the focus is on sexual rights and sexual health and justice. Those are pretty broad terms, and I'm guessing everybody has a slightly different list of things they think of as "sexual rights", so I'm interested to know what your definition of "sexual rights" includes. Access to sexual and reproductive healthcare? Quality, comprehensive sex education for everyone? Or something else entirely?
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Kela
not a newbie
Primary language: UK English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Cisgender and Straight

Re: World Sexual Health Day 2015

Unread post by Kela »

to me, 'sexual rights' most certainly include access to all types on contraception for everyone, no matter the age/sexual orientation of the individual. I also think everyone has the right to get that contraception without judgement and with care and compassion from the provider.
Also, sexual rights include up to date and accurate sex education, so everyone who wants to know does know the facts, and not some myths that go round on the internet or whatever. everyone has the right to understand their own bodies.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic