Gender and science

Questions and discussion about sex and sexuality in political or community beliefs, principles, actions, policies, experiences, messages and media.
Yaoi
Awesomeness Quotient: Smart
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Bi

Gender and science

Unread post by Yaoi »

Hello I am a Male who lives in a very conservative area of the United States. I often get in political conversations with peers with my views on feminism, systemic inequality, sexual orientation and most recently gender identity. Being a rationalist I Care about evidence . Obviously gender and sex are different according to ever major dictionary definition. Obviously gender dysphoria is real. I like to use science and evidence to inuform my peers in current issues.
Are their scientific journals or sources that support the non-binary gender model?
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Gender and science

Unread post by al »

Hi there yaoi,

There is definitely not enough amount of research or academic resources about binary transgender folks compared to cisgender ones, not to mention nonbinary or genderqueer people. Off the top of my head, I might direct you to WPATH, or the World Professional Association for Transgender Health, as they're an international organization that publishes standards for psychological and medical care for trans and nonbinary people. Their "recommended reading" list has some great suggestions for
resources that aren't behind a paywall the way that academic journals are:

https://www.wpath.org/resources/recommended-reading
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic