Does it count?

Questions and discussion about sexual or other abuse or assault, and support and help for survivors.
Forum rules
This area of the boards is expressly for support and help for those who are currently in or have survived abuse or assault. It is also for those seeking information or discussion about abuse or assault. Please make every effort in this space to be supportive and sensitive. Posts in this area may or do describe abuse or assault explicitly.

This area of the boards is also not an area where those who are themselves abusing anyone or who have abused or assaulted someone may post about doing that or seek support. We are not qualified to provide that kind of help, and that also would make a space like this feel profoundly unsafe for those who are being or who have been abused. If you have both been abused and are abusing, we can only discuss harm done to you: we cannot discuss you yourself doing harm to others. If you are someone engaging in abuse who would like help, you can start by seeking out a mental healthcare provider.
IAmScared
not a newbie
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Does it count?

Unread post by IAmScared »

Does it still count as assault if someone sexually touches you WITHOUT your consent but you are happy that you get to be a victim?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Does it count?

Unread post by Heather »

IAmScared: I feel like we have exhausted this particular conversation, and like we have also been as clear as we can, several times, about our answer to this.

Once more: sexual assault is when someone does something sexual to someone else without their consent and/or against their will. In the event the person who was assaulted has positive feelings about the assault in some way, that does not change that that was assault.

We -- very much including myself, right here -- have also set firm limits and boundaries around this specific conversation the last time we had it with you. Please respect those limits and boundaries. This is not the first time I have had to ask you to do so, and it needs to be the last. I am going to close this thread in accordance with those limits.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Locked Previous topicNext topic