Survivor support thread for SCOTUS/Ford/Kavanaugh impacts

Questions and discussion about sexual or other abuse or assault, and support and help for survivors.
Forum rules
This area of the boards is expressly for support and help for those who are currently in or have survived abuse or assault. It is also for those seeking information or discussion about abuse or assault. Please make every effort in this space to be supportive and sensitive. Posts in this area may or do describe abuse or assault explicitly.

This area of the boards is also not an area where those who are themselves abusing anyone or who have abused or assaulted someone may post about doing that or seek support. We are not qualified to provide that kind of help, and that also would make a space like this feel profoundly unsafe for those who are being or who have been abused. If you have both been abused and are abusing, we can only discuss harm done to you: we cannot discuss you yourself doing harm to others. If you are someone engaging in abuse who would like help, you can start by seeking out a mental healthcare provider.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Survivor support thread for SCOTUS/Ford/Kavanaugh impacts

Unread post by Heather »

Just putting this here as a fellow survivor who is very deeply impacted by what is happening in the United States government right now.

If anyone needs or wants to talk, to ask for support, to just be in the presence of others who get it today or in the days that follow, I'm here, and I know others can be here as well.

This is so hard, and it cues up so much trauma; it reminds us of just how unjust things are for survivors, and just how much our culture enables rape culture and enables rapists. It takes a lot of work just to get through each day without days like these sometimes: at times like this, it can be an endless, constant effort.

We're here if you need. <3
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead