Partner doesn't completely stop when I say stop?

Questions and discussion about sexual or other abuse or assault, and support and help for survivors.
Forum rules
This area of the boards is expressly for support and help for those who are currently in or have survived abuse or assault. It is also for those seeking information or discussion about abuse or assault. Please make every effort in this space to be supportive and sensitive. Posts in this area may or do describe abuse or assault explicitly.

This area of the boards is also not an area where those who are themselves abusing anyone or who have abused or assaulted someone may post about doing that or seek support. We are not qualified to provide that kind of help, and that also would make a space like this feel profoundly unsafe for those who are being or who have been abused. If you have both been abused and are abusing, we can only discuss harm done to you: we cannot discuss you yourself doing harm to others. If you are someone engaging in abuse who would like help, you can start by seeking out a mental healthcare provider.
consentquery

Partner doesn't completely stop when I say stop?

Unread post by consentquery »

I'm seeing a new guy and we just started having sex. He's very considerate and attentive, especially when it comes to giving oral, which I appreciate. But there's a problem. After I have an orgasm I'm SUPER sensitive, to the point where having my clit touched at all makes me jump and is almost painful. So after I come I tell him to stop. And he does...sort of. He'll stop actively going down on me, but he'll still lightly kiss or lick me, and I sometimes have to tell him again to stop.

I think his intentions are good, but it makes me uncomfortable that he doesn't stop immediately and completely when I tell him to. Should I be worried that he does this? How can I make it clearer that being touched any more at that point is uncomfortable rather than pleasurable?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Partner doesn't completely stop when I say stop?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Consentquery,

It sounds like you're already giving some clear signals to him, especially if this has happened more than once. However, it sounds like it's worth to, if you haven't already, make it clear before you even start having sex that once you orgasm any contact is painful. If he continues to ignore you after that, that's a sign that something bigger might be up
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Partner doesn't completely stop when I say stop?

Unread post by Redskies »

Enlarging a bit on what Sam's said, have you already said to him exactly what you've said here to us? If not, I'd suggest bringing this up with him at a time where you and he aren't having any sexual interaction: that tends to make things less loaded and make sure that everyone's attention is fully on the communication itself. I think that what you've written here would be a clear-as-crystal, helpful and considerate way of telling a partner your wishes and boundaries.

If you have already said this to him and he's continuing to do the same thing? Then yes, something is up with what he's doing that's worth being concerned about.

Do you need any help in having the conversation, or if you've had it already, do you want to talk more about where you go from here?
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic