A little confused about a friend

Questions and discussion about your sexuality and how it's a part of who you are as a person.
Kath
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm funny girl :p
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: I'm a girl

A little confused about a friend

Unread post by Kath »

Hey y'all, I have a question.

I'm a girl and I'll be 14 in 2 and a half months, I've never had a boyfriend before (or girlfriend lol) but I have a crush on a girl friend. She was friends with my cousin and she's a little older than me. We text a lot and I think a lot of her and sometimes also turns me on a little lol :P

I want to have a husband when I'm older and children and a puppy :D but this is confusing, liking my girl friend and having feelings about her including intimate thoughts makes me a lesbian?
Hey y'all :D
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: A little confused about a friend

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Kath,

The thing about sexuality is that we each get to define it for ourselves. Which is ultimately really neat! But it can also be confusing to have sexual or romantic feelings that are different from the ones you usually have. Having a crush on a girl could mean you're a lesbian, or it could mean you're bisexual, pansexual, or something else. There are lots of different sexual orientations out there, and you can read about them here: The Rainbow Connection: Orientation for Everyone

Beyond making you wonder what your future relationships or partners might look like (after all, there's no reason you couldn't end up with a wife, kids, and a puppy), how do you feel when you think about being lesbian or bi (or any other orientation)?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic