Still mainly submissive, but I'll make exceptions sometimes?

Questions and discussion about your sexuality and how it's a part of who you are as a person.
KittyPink
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I do art.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Xe/Xir or She/her
Sexual identity: Lesbian, switch, polyam, rope addict.

Still mainly submissive, but I'll make exceptions sometimes?

Unread post by KittyPink »

Like I'm on the border between calling myself a switch as opposed to a sub, because like, sometimes I want to be dominant to an extent, and sometimes I want to be completely dominant. Buuuuttttt.... most of the time I'm submissive. Any ideas with help on this?
"You are a dreamcatcher, you are beautiful to look at and you take the bad away and only give people the good." - Andrea Blankenship

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Still mainly submissive, but I'll make exceptions sometimes?

Unread post by Mo »

I think it's really up to what makes sense to you. If calling yourself a switch (or maybe even something like "submissive-leaning switch") feels right, go for it. But it's also not weird or wrong to identify as a submissive even if you sometimes want to take a dominant role, if there's something about submissiveness that feels like it fits you better or works better as a label for yourself. There doesn't have to be a hard and fast rule here, and you don't have to use the same language for yourself all the time, either.
No121212
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Still mainly submissive, but I'll make exceptions sometimes?

Unread post by No121212 »

If only there were a fun word like "heteroflexible" for this! As it is, I think "submissive-leaning switch," as suggested above, or even "submissive with exceptions," as you posted, seems to get the idea across without compromising the sub label that you value.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic