I'm pansexual, but I have preferences?

Questions and discussion about your sexuality and how it's a part of who you are as a person.
KittyPink
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I do art.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Xe/Xir or She/her
Sexual identity: Lesbian, switch, polyam, rope addict.

I'm pansexual, but I have preferences?

Unread post by KittyPink »

Like mainly general stuff, like significant others being taller, maybe a little stronger than me... figure-wise, I care less about. And like, I like them to be a little possessive, and protective of me.
"You are a dreamcatcher, you are beautiful to look at and you take the bad away and only give people the good." - Andrea Blankenship

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: I'm pansexual, but I have preferences?

Unread post by Karyn »

That's pretty typical! Even folks who are attracted to more than one gender usually find that they have certain characteristics that they find attractive or prefer, it's just that gender might not be one of them (if that makes sense).
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
KittyPink
not a newbie

Karyn wrote:That's pretty typical! Even folks who are attracted to more than one gender usually find that they have certain characteristics that they find attractive or prefer, it's just that gender might not be one of them (if that makes sense).
One thing that doesn't help is that people think it's attraction based off of personality.
"You are a dreamcatcher, you are beautiful to look at and you take the bad away and only give people the good." - Andrea Blankenship

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Definitely, people can all sorts of misconceptions about pansexuality. If they mention that one, you can correct them and say "personality matters, but I still have certain features that I find attractive."
KittyPink
not a newbie

Sam W wrote:Definitely, people can all sorts of misconceptions about pansexuality. If they mention that one, you can correct them and say "personality matters, but I still have certain features that I find attractive."
Misconceptions like "I fuck frying pans" are especially fun to run with as a joke. :lol:

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Blueswan
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My curiosity
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Pan/fluid

Unread post by Blueswan »

That's totally normal! Labels are general categories and there's a lot of individual variety. As pan myself (yes, I'm pan and possibly demi. It's confusing in my head), I have some physical preferences though it is mostly based on personality (and all those lovely little details that take a long time to discover).
Blueswan
KittyPink
not a newbie

Blueswan wrote:That's totally normal! Labels are general categories and there's a lot of individual variety. As pan myself (yes, I'm pan and possibly demi. It's confusing in my head), I have some physical preferences though it is mostly based on personality (and all those lovely little details that take a long time to discover).
I originally thought I might just be a lesbian, just because I have a stronger preference for gals.

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic