TO BE OR NOT

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Breeze1892
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Dissecting Cadavars
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

TO BE OR NOT

Unread post by Breeze1892 »

So...Final year(5 yrs) in uni and there happens to be girl that I only realized I've had a crush on since 2nd year. Got into an argument in class and didn't start speaking until our final year. Real fun she is and I think I might actually still like her.

Only problem is due to a major illness(HbSC) I missed the first semester and my exams meaning I'd have to wait another year before graduating which she's going to do this year. Felt devastated when I was told I was going to have to wait back. She was supportive during my stay in the hospital and we kinda got closer.

Since I'm going too have to wait back in school an extra year, I don't know if I should tell her how I feel even with the fear that we might not get to see each other as much as we would like to if we were still in close proximity with each other. Not sure if I want to start anything even if we're going to be miles apart fro each other.
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: TO BE OR NOT

Unread post by Siân »

Hi Breeze,

It sounds like you like this person and even if you're not going to be in the same place next year you still have all of the coming term at university together. So my question is, if she likes you back, would you feel good about going on a few dates and seeing how if goes? Do you strongly feel you would only want to date someone who was likely to be nearby for the foreseeable future?

When we start dating someone, we can never predict how things will go, whether we will both want the same things or be in the same place for the long term, so we pretty much have to make decisions based on does this feel good now? Of course, as we get to know someone we can start to make plans for the future but I think you're way ahead of yourself here. What do you think?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic