Will I get in lega trouble?

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Ilikesheepies
Awesomeness Quotient: Big tits
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Will I get in lega trouble?

Unread post by Ilikesheepies »

I'm dating a 14 year old boy and im an 18 year old girl. I we hae sex will we get in legal trouble?

Thanks whoever helps.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Will I get in lega trouble?

Unread post by Heather »

Age of consent laws vary widely by location, so without knowing your location (your profile suggests one, but your IP suggests somewhere very different, so...), I couldn't tell you for sure.

However, at these ages, a four-year-age difference is actually pretty huge, especially for someone 14, something you can probably appreciate having been 14 yourself in the past. So, I'd personally be concerned about this even if it is legal. It can be particularly hard for guys that age (any age, tbh, but especially when so young) to feel able to say no to sex or that they're not ready: most will just go along with things because they want to (even if they're not ready, or it's not a good situation for them) to save face.

Have you thought about the pretty huge power differential between you? Have you talked about it with friends or family? Have you and this guy talked about it?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic