Navigating Different "Sex Drives" With a Partner

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Alice O
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm really good at taking naps.
Primary language: Engish
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: hetero

Navigating Different "Sex Drives" With a Partner

Unread post by Alice O »

Do and your partner generally want to have sex the same amount? Do you want to have sex more than your partner? Or less?

In what other ways are you and your partner similar or different in regards to preferences, like when you have sex, or how long sex lasts.

When differences arise, how do you communicate and navigate that?

If you aren't currently with a partner(s) feel free to share about a past partner(s) or what you're thinking/worrying/hoping about a future partner(s)!
Arasia
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Navigating Different "Sex Drives" With a Partner

Unread post by Arasia »

I definitely have a lower sex drive than my partner. He'd love to have sex every day, whereas I prefer it a few times a week. I am extremely attracted to him, but my sex drive has never been really strong. I am mostly motivated to have sex because I want to be close to him and because I enjoy seeing him happy.
Our communication is great, and when differences arise we have always found a compromise that makes us both happy, because we each put the other person first.
Practicing good communication; being MUTUALLY selfless; and having immense respect for each other are absolute musts for a healthy relationship--especially the respect part.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic